With an ongoing debate concerning the nutrients and vitamins and results of A1 and A2 milk, a bunch of companies has laid out some study findings and studies concluding with the harm induced by A1 milk while enumerating some great benefits of A2 milk. Casein dominates a large part (80%) of the total protein content in milk. The milk is made up of several forms of casein of which, beta casein is the most common. A1 beta casein is found in cows originating in the US, New Zealand, Australia, and Northern Europe, while A2 beta casein appears within the Ober Weis created by traditional cows found in India and Africa.
Here, we answer some frequently asked questions and dispel the myths which have on the time been associated with each kind of milk.
What exactly is A2 milk?
* Cow’s milk is a wonderful way to obtain protein, whey, and casein, wherein, casein consists of different variants namely: A1 and A2 beta-casein. The genetic structure from the cow governs the composition of the milk regarding these beta caseins.
* In america, mostly all of the cows produce milk containing both A1 and A2 beta caseins. However, some breeds of cows produce milk with only A2 beta casein contained in it. This milk is referred to as A2 milk.
What are the claims/health hazards associated with A1 milk?
* The reports produced by exponents state that the A1 milk protein produces Beta-Casomorphin-7 (BCM7) that produces adverse health effects like Type 1 diabetes, Ischemic cardiovascular disease, autism, and digestive & inflammatory disorders in humans. Also, few theories suggest that the intake of A1 milk may cause lactose intolerance and allergies in humans, and A2 milk can help cure the same.
* However, some scientific communities gainsay these evidence as inconclusive, and state that there is not any link between BCM7 as well as the mentioned non-communicable diseases-as declared by the research conducted through the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA).
* Lacking facts and convincing reports has compelled they to perform specific studies on the relation involving the gastronomical effects of BCM7/A1 milk and human health.
* Inspite of the accessibility of indisputable facts, several big companies have started selling the A2 milk commercially by promoting and influencing the customer market of the benefits.
What is the status of milk-producing cattle in America?
* The American cattle-native cow and buffalo breeds-produce A2 milk that is preferably safe for consumption. The A1 and A2 status of milk in animals are dependant on both allelomorphs in the beta-casein gene: A1 and A2.
* The animals may either by homozygous (A1A1 or A2A2) or heterozygous (A1A2) for one kind of milk protein: A1A1 animals produce only A1 milk, A2A2 animals produce A2 milk, and A1A2 animals produce milk with both A1 and A2 beta caseins.
* Based on a report conducted on 22 native Indian cattle breeds by National Bureau of Animal Genetic Resources (NBAGR), Karnal, the predominant genotype in Indian milch animals is A2A2, confirming they produce A2 milk.
Exactly what is the best milk type that can be consumed through the Indian populace?
* Using the deficiency of scientific facts associated with the harmful effects of BCM7/A1 milk on humans and the prevalence of A2-milk-producing cattle in India, there’s visibly no need for the customers to switch the kind of milk they’ve been consuming all these years.
* Plus, there are specific symptoms of digestive disorder allied with lactose intolerance wherein, an individual is unable to digest lactose because of the deficiency of lactase-an enzyme produced by the little intestine in humans csdnhw towards the complete digestion of whole milk. However, lactose exists both in A1 and A2 milk therefore the consumers must know that switching to A2 milk will not help them tackle lactose intolerance.
* Recently, dairy giants in India have begun offering A2 milk to the consumers at a premium rate, and with the rising knowledge of A1/A2 milk, they’re also willing to shell out more cash for top quality and safe milk.